Friday, February 20, 2009

Wishy Washy Wistfulness

Thankfully, yesterday's post didn't send my friends running for the hills. There were no frantic telephone calls telling me I've been disowned from my family. I am a little bummed, though. And irritated that this question even entered my psyche. And was entertained. Everything I have ever done in my life has been based on great faith that no wrong can happen. And now suddenly I'm concerned about toppling the apple cart.

Guess I'm getting old.

The Husband brought up the fact that two kids might actually be less work than one, since you could put them in a room and give them a few toys and they could entertain themselves. (Okay, okay, for a little while, at least. A very little while.)

And in five years, they go to school anyway. Then I have all day to pursue my career. Can you tell I'm thinking while writing this? I am. And I'm still no closer to an answer.

You know what the problem is? I don't know of any successful moms with two kids. I haven't heard of any moms who are glad to be where they are professionally when their kids are in school. Are there any? Because I'd love to know. I'd love to be part of that small minority. I just have to find it first.

No comments:

Post a Comment