Monday, February 2, 2009

Letter to Bombie's Teeth

Dear Teeth,

Are you EVER going to come in? My graceful angel-baby here has all but become a gremlin. Unfortunately, she's a gremlin I'm having to hold in my arms while she proceeds to let her fury flow noisily into my ears. That ringing I'm beginning to hear? Turns out there is no background music the city of Pollock Pines plays for our amusement. My husband talks of going deaf at work. Glad he's not going to be alone in that!

But really, come on, teeth! Painful as the term "teeth cutting in" is, I had no idea it was so bad. Not a minute ago, I heard the neighbor who constantly works on his car (yes, one of those!) use one of his power tools to send sparks up in the air. I wouldn't normally think twice about it. Except this time, I got up to check on the baby because I thought it was her screaming. So, she sounds like a power tool now! What else is on the agenda here?

She's eating my fingers and her own every chance she gets, screams bloody murder in the car AND won't let me put her down. Typing with one hand is getting pryetty hrard!!!

Just make your appearance already. Before I kill the dog for barking at strangers while she naps. Which is kind of sad, since that's his sole purpose for existing.

Sincerely,
Mommy.

4 comments:

  1. Good luck, you have a whole year of this ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are just the first?

    The varnish on your furniture will disappear in a shower of flakes as she works them over like a crazed woodchuck in a forest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poor Bombie!

    I found a frozen washcloth helped Bean, and Hyland's homeopathic teething tablets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bombie thanks you for yor sympathy, folks! Really.

    Mommy, on the other hand, is just thankful to the drugs. Tylenol and homeopathic teething tabs, here we come! (I'm going to buy stock in them. Seriously!)

    ReplyDelete