Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Melodrama Mommy

Well, it happened tonight.

Bombie said her first word. It's with a great sigh that I have to report: Dr. Laura is right. In spite of being taught "Ma-ma" by Mom AND DAD, the child decides to say "Da-Da." Just like that. Just before dinner. For whoever will listen.

Da-da.

I have the fear of God going through me. Just like the time she smiled. For exactly the same reason. And the same thought I had at the time: "OMG. You're freaking really here!!!" You're a real person. Holy crap!

She's here, folks. My daughter. Forgive my brain that refuses to wrap around the idea. She's got an opinion.

Da-Da.

Yeah, you heard it. And I'll defend it in court.

Da-da!!!

3 comments:

  1. Yeah, its wired that way. Da-da

    Lets face it, simple words for a simple creature. The dad not the kid. No, the kid is complex, the dad, well, bordering on simpleton, its apprpriate that its da-da. As the childs development continues, its onto complex relationships. like mom ma.

    Then its boyfriend, I-pod and shopahollic.

    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. @LarryLilly: I know what you mean... and I'm praying the boyfriend gets here late, late, late. :) And I love my simpleton! Puts the right things in perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They always say dada first... not fair! Oh well... some day you will tell her to stop saying it and "go ask you dad" -- MARK MY WORDS!!

    ReplyDelete