Friday, February 8, 2013

Amidst Baby Teething...

... Bombie learnt to put a flatter, weaker magnet on stronger ones and make a spinning wheel. This was her idea and not initiated by me in any way.
... The older kids made ice cream with basic guidance from me. Bombie's motivation to master my tasks is exhilarating. "I do it!" has become the phrase of the week it seems.
... Bombie has been making squiggles on lined paper which may not look like a lot but is fantastic pre-writing practice. I  absolutely do not intend to put worksheets in front of my children until they're good and ready. A lot of research suggests that at this point the single most important thing they have to learn is hand eye coordination and fine motor skills. If we rush through this, writing (when it's time) can be a big challenge.
... Hucksley learned about trucks today, which is what he was interested in the most. And in a wonderful moment of homeschooling, I showed them, using two sheets of paper how when a cloud passes the sun it dims the light. I loved it when they reenacted what I had told them to my husband when he came home.

No comments:

Post a Comment