Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The Diaper Hunt Continues...

We've survived our first diarrhea. And by "we" I mean the collective family. Bombie has survived a rash, James has survived lifting her off her high chair dripping diaper and all (ewww... squinch up your nose, there you go!) and I have survived changing six diapers that smelled like a rat had died inside them in a day and using so much Desitin my hands had begun to get a permanent smell.

But she's fine now. It only lasted a day. A very, very long day.

Anyway, the reason I open with all this nasty information is that I'm switching to cloth diapers this month. I've had it with the disposables. She's had five rashes in an eleven month period and besides the idea of never having to buy diapers again is just so tempting. Especially with a second one on the way, I can't justify spending close to $50 a month on something that's going to get thrown away!

So I've been researching online and the options are just mind-boggling. And no, I'm not going to buy the $9 a diaper kind either. Just how does that SAVE any money? Nope. We're going the old-fashioned route. Pins and all. It was good enough for me as a baby and it should be good enough for Bombie.

Gee... suddenly, I sound very, very old.

3 comments:

  1. We used cloth with our last 2. Pre-folds, covers and used snappy's instead of pins...I always worried about poking them with pins.

    Good decision,
    Kari

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari,
    I have heard about snappies, but thought we'd give pins a try first. It's always surprising how many raised eyebrows I've got since I said we've made the decision to switch to cloth. I hope this goes well. *fingers crossed.*

    ReplyDelete
  3. As soon as I use up all the diapers given to me for my baby shower, I am planning to do likewise.

    ReplyDelete