Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Big Things Come in Small Packages...














...but let me tell you that is not a small package. I came home today with a packing box full of clothes and toys for my children. It was our second MOPSwap of the year. About seventy women cleaned out their closets this last weekend and brought baby clothes, toddler clothes, mom clothes (including pregnancy wear), toys, books, CDs, bouncers, high chairs, baby gates, even rocking chairs with them to Christ Community Church where we meet for MOPS every second and fourth Tuesday.

It was beautiful.

The outpouring of love and sharing was tangible. I think we had about a dozen tables lined up. And not a single mom left empty-handed although there were a few things left that will later go a fundraiser called the Just Between Friends Sale.

Did I mention it was free? Or, well, it was $5, which we charge for each MOPS meeting, but seriously, you couldn't get this much at a thrift store for the same amount. It simply was not about money today. It was about moms getting together and truly sharing common experiences through baby clothes and toys.

I came home a little wistful for the little clothes I didn't look through because my children were growing so fast. I came home with a box full of things for their growing bodies and minds. But mainly, I came home thanking God for MOPS and His overflowing abundance.

I came home with my heart singing not for the things the box contained, but for the things it never could.

No comments:

Post a Comment