Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Yes, I Bribe my Children...

You know that stage when the youngest one can't walk yet (or can't walk well) and you have to carry him everywhere and then the older one wants to be carried too? So that you don your best apologetic look and shrug your shoulders and carry them in and out of the gym and wait, just wait for someone to say, "Well, it's a good thing mommy works out, huh?" Sigh... well, THAT stage has lasted in our home a little too long and I'm ready to get shoes on Hucksley so he can walk already!

However, ingenious mother that I am (haha...) I managed to snag a few cookies today from our breakfast table and saved them to give to Bombie when she got out of MOPS for the walk to the car. Ahhh. What a wonderful little walk we had back to the car. No fussing. No crying. No issues. No dramas.

There is a time for discipline, but there's also a time to just let them be kids. Now if only I could tell the difference every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment