Saturday, March 28, 2009

These are the Days...

Anyone know that song "I'm on a Roll" by Over the Rhine? If you don't, you really should check it out. I'm completely addicted to it. Even now it's going through my head and I can't stop it. Argh.

Anyhoo, the reason I bring it up is that I was trying to decode the lyrics this morning with just one cup of coffee in my system. And this, my friends, is what I've missed doing with my husband for the longest time. (Just when I thought furloughs were great for making babies! Ha!)

So here we are toying with the iPod trying to get it to play a line that sounded like "we're shaking up shaponies, cause we haven't got a care." So this is what it went like:

Me: Shaponies? It's not shaponies!

Him: Shaponies. That's what she says.

Me: Nooooooo.

Him: What is it, then?

Me: I don't know. That's why I don't sing that song. I don't want to be ridiculed. (Laughing at him.)

Him: Google it.

Well, as it turns out, it's shaking up SHOW PONIES. Good God. He was right. Well, almost.

2 comments:

  1. Don't know if you know the story behind "show ponies," but I learned it while at an OtR concert- basically it's the name of a drink, I think at a bar in New Zealand or something like that; bar-slang: a pony is a measurement of alcohol equaling to a four second pour;

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, wow! I had NO idea. I looked it up in the dictionary and it said something that appears to be better on the surface than it really is or words to that effect. Nice. I learn something new every day!

    ReplyDelete