Saturday, January 17, 2009

Something about Having a Baby...

...makes me feel like an expert. And thanks to the Google gods, I can be. But seriously, how hard is cooking, really, when you get down to it? I can't believe I was afraid of it for so long. And now, I'm a goddess in the kitchen, artfully dropping words like "saute" and "stir-fry." Even "garnish" and - do I dare? - "fold?"

It all works pretty well lately, though. I've been making Bombie's food at home. So far she's eaten peas, carrots, apples, bananas, squash, cauliflower, potatoes, and sweet potatoes. Good baby food I can make. Breastmilk? Not so much. So far, I've learned to cook Italian, Indian, Mexican and American. And for the caveat, I'm going to try my hand at homemade ice cream.

Go, mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment