Monday, May 13, 2013

How to clean polyester micro fiber couches

Guess what I did before I knew I was sick last weekend? Yup. I cleaned my couches. We've been through a few illnesses already this spring and I do after all have THREE kids. Under five. All this to say, Don't judge. Because you're going to see my dirty couches. See that shine in the before pics? That's grime and dirt and goodness knows what else. But... But... They're clean now! See the after pics?
I found the solution almost by chance. Or necessity. Well, I did tell you we had a stomach bug, right? Let's not get into those details. Let's focus on how the couch for so clean. You're going to love this! Because not only is it cheap and natural, it works far better than the job the professional carpet cleaners do, or at least mine did.
Okay, here's how to do it. Mix together baking soda, peroxide, laundry soap and water in a 1:2:1:4 ratio. Then smear all over the couch with a wash cloth. (Oh yeah. Test a small area if you're not sure your couch can handle it. Also, you might want to try this on a warm, sunny day so you can use your couch again sooner!) After you've smeared it all, get plain water in another large-ish container and use the same washcloth like a mop to wipe off the soap with water. Be sure to wring the washcloth often in the clean water and be aghast at how filthy your couch really was. And then, let it dry! Voilà! Not only are your couches cleaner, you did it yourself and saved yourself a nice bundle of money.
You're welcome.

3 comments:

  1. Will this take out previous stains/water stains from other cleanings?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does this remove previous stains/water stains from other cleanings?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Yes, it does. :) Let me know how it works!

      Delete