Tuesday, January 29, 2013

More counting and a craft

I don't know what it is about coins but the kids love them. So I figured, why not teach them to sort coins? Bombie did a much better job with quarters, nickels and pennies than I did when I was new in the U.S! (And hey, this was a great use of those baby food jars!)

Later the kids wanted to cut paper. Bombie cut some felt paper and started to say it looked like a tree. So I thought why not see this idea all the way through to the end? I made them cut little pieces out of other felt paper (they chose the color theme) and then put some glue down on the paper. They had a great time then spreading the tiny pieces all over.  Serendipitously, we also had some empty frames!
Seriously, if every day homeschooling is like this, I'm so sold!

No comments:

Post a Comment