Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Baby on Board - Not me, the Car!

Exactly how does one travel with a baby? We haven't gotten to the traveling part yet, just the packing for baby part. And, seriously, I think Post-It has its market all wrong. They shouldn't be selling those cute little sticky things in office stores. Know where they should be selling them? In Babies R Us! I have never depended so much on the simple Post-It. There's even one stuck to my door, so we don't forget before we leave... um, diapers. Formula. Wipes. Oh yeah, Oatmeal. And yes, yes, the baby.

Her three night bag is almost full. And then we have more. At the end of it, I don't want to pack for myself. I'm just going to stay in the clothes I drove in. Kidding. After a twelve hour trip to Washington, I might be about as cranky as Bombie if I don't get a change of clothes. But I understand why moms look frumpy sometimes. Clothes just seem like too much work. Maybe moms invented nudism. I wouldn't doubt it for an instant.

I began packing this morning. Actually, I started planning the packing this morning. We leave early tomorrow morning. In the past everything could be packed and all we needed to remember were toothbrushes, toothpaste and my husband's razor. I even figured out a way around that by buying travel toothbrushes and razors. But most of what Bombie needs tonight (formula, oatmeal, food) she will also need on the trip. Thus the need for Post-Its.

Packing for travel with baby makes me feel like I'm building an emergency kit. Reminds me a little of the days when the anthrax scare was rampant and for a while us normal people stopped laughing at the crazy ones who stockpiled on rice, beans and masking tape and seriously, seriously considered doing the same.

I know who will survive a bio-chemical attack if something like that ever occurs. Moms. And those darn Post-Its.

1 comment:

  1. I am from WA and still have quite a bit of family there, can I have a ride? j/k. I am from the Longview/Kelso area just past Vancouver. What part are you headed to? Good luck making it in 12 hours, our children cause us to stop so much that it always takes longer. I will hope for a fast trip and a sleepy baby for you!

    ReplyDelete