Thursday, October 4, 2012

Paleo Allergen-Free Banana Pumpkin Muffins

Don't you just love it when you just happen to "throw something together" and it just works out and tastes great? Well, I love to bake (especially now that fall is here!) but before my Paleo days, stuff I just threw together looked and tasted like, well, stuff I had just thrown together. But since Paleo... aha, since Paleo...

Take today's lovely muffins for example.






Yup. That one. You'll notice that the cups around it are empty - that's because that's how fast they were gone. I even got a genuine compliment from a six-year-old. He said, and I quote, "Those were the best muffins I've ever eaten!" Yeah!

So, on to the recipe...

BANANA - PUMPKIN MUFFINS (nut-free, dairy-free, egg-free, grain-free)
Ingredients:
3 bananas, mashed
1.5 cups shredded coconut (NOT coconut flour)
1.5 cups pureed pumpkin
2 - 3 tablespoons raw honey
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 - 2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. salt

Method:
Mix all ingredients together and fill muffins liners almost to the top. Bake in an oven preheated to 350F for 20 - 25 minutes and enjoy!

(Makes 12.)

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for the recipe! So happy to find something without eggs or nuts! Yay!! Just made a batch, and they are SO good! I made some small substitutes: virgin coconut oil instead of olive oil, apple sauce (two baked mashed apples) instead of the bananas, and a bit more pumpkin - turned out great! They are still very moist inside, but whatever, didn't want to burn them. I'll top them tomorrow with some whipped coconut cream :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so nice to find an allergen-free muffin recipe! Thank you so much. I made these last night, and did the same as the previous reader: subbed coconut oil for the olive oil, and added a bit of applesauce in place of some banana. I also didn't realize until I was making them, that it called for baking powder, but I only use baking soda, so I used 1 tsp of that and hoped they would turn out! They did. Very moist and kind of hard to get out, but they taste great. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so refreshing to find an allergen-free baked good recipe! I made these muffins last night, and they taste awesome. I like the chewiness of the coconut flakes. I subbed coconut oil for the olive oil and added a bit of applesauce in place of some banana. They turned out a little wet, but they taste great. Now if only I could find a good allergen free pancake recipe!

    ReplyDelete